Friday, April 30, 2010

Apocalyptic

Ohohoho. I feel like posting every existing video of The Strokes' live performances on youtube right here. Seriously. Aaaaaaa, yeah. I'm feeling crumby because I had a Maths test this afternoon. Enough said, no? Hah.

Am having my study leave break now. Mid year exams starts next Friday until Wednesday. Got 5 papers to sit for. And guess what? I heard from a friend of mine who attended the exam briefing, that us Pharmacy and Dentistry bound students are supposed to get an average of 90% at least. If we don't our parents are gonna be called to the Parent-Lecturer's Day. I'm not concerned with having my parents coming over, it's just that...an average of 90% is. IMPOSSIBLE for me.

Talking about the impossible. Frankly, I'm absolutely certain that I'm not going to be able to get a TER 96 and fly off to Otago next February. Uhuh. Yeap. I'm resting all my hopes on JPA's mercy and my plan B of doing Dentistry twinning in IMU (2.5 years) and then to University of Sydney, Australia (2.5 years). The requirement is TER85 only, which is perfectly feasible for me. This, truly, is the ONLY thing that keeps me going at the moment (plus The Strokes, of course).

I'm a rationalist. I don't deceive myself, not often anyway. I know what my limits are. Yeah, yeah, this sounds like the ultimatum of a Defeatist too doesn't it? But hey, it's not like I'm giving up or something. I'm just licking my wounds and trying to comfort myself. The pressure just depresses me. Terribly so. You know what it's like, aite? When you find that absolutely nothing interests you anymore and feel the great emptiness of 'my life is pointless' settle in those quiet times in the edifices of your solitary mind?

That aside, I just finished formulating my 'study schedule' for the Mid Year exams. Just like the good ol' days in high school. Haha, those days when I used to list down the things I need to study, within a time frame, WHICH I NEVER manage to keep up with. Aha. The idea is not to really stick to it, it just helps you realize the NEED to study since there's a bunch of subjects to tackle.

Enough with the boring stuff.

FUN stuff:

I, am going to the TOKIO HOTEL concert in One Utama tomorrow!

YEAYYY. Haha. I already planned to attend it but gave up since you gotta get their HUMANOID album to get the free pass. I mean, I don't love them or anything, they pique my interest a little. So, when my cousin called me up yesterday saying she has two tickets she got for free from a friend, why the hell not? I am SO going to enjoy watching the Kaulitz twins. Hahahhaa.

My MAIN reasons for wanting to go to the concert are:

1. I wanna hear 'Monsoon' live. I hope they sing it!
2. Bill's HAIR. No shit. He is the spawn of Sonic the Hedgehog I tell you. If only it's indigo blue.

______________________________________________________


P.S: I'm posting this anyway. AND OH! I've also just realized that in this song (4 Chord Of The Apocalypse) by Jules, there's this bit in the lyrics "It's nice to be important, etc etc, but it's more important to be nice". WHICH IS my favourite quote from the great ROGER FEDERER! Jules and Roger unified! MAGNIFICENT no? hahaha.

SO, enjoy.



2 comments:

Ammar Hakim said...

2. Bill's HAIR. No shit. He is the spawn of Sonic the Hedgehog I tell you. If only it's indigo blue. <<< this is some funny shiz! hahahahahahahahaha

have fun watching tokio hotel yana!!!

Anonymous said...

Baca exam tips abang at: http://masatoronto.org/?p=118