Monday, April 12, 2010

Caw

Ravens By My Window

They cawed their croaky syllables,
And preened their feathers,
Black with a purplish green,
An ironically pretty sheen.

Caw said one, Caw said another,
A relentless back and forth,
That meant something or the other,
A nuisance, a constant bother.

"Scat thee! Get off my window!"
It fixed a beady eye,
And cawed an angry reply,
Almost threatening it seemed.

Thack, Thack, Thack,
Its clawed feet tapping,
With a jolt I'd awaken,
Meeting the eyes of the raven.

"Say something you fowl!"
And I wished it would,
With fear I waited,
For an impossible 'Nevermore'.

These pests of ebony,
So frightfully ugly,
I'd shoot them if I could,
If only someone would.


_________________________________________________


Note: An animal lover I might be, but if I've a shotgun, those stupid crows are going DOWN.

No comments: