Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My Future Is Hanging By A Thread


It's been a while huh. The significance of my life now lays in the hands of never ending assignments, quizzes and tests that just never cease to pile up. I've tests and quizzes every freaking week, sometimes twice a week! They're usually at night too. Freaking annoying. Say hello to SAM (South Australian Matriculation) though they call it AUSMAT in INTEC, it's actually SAM.

Had a terrible chemistry test last week. It was difficult as HECK. Chemistry was NEVER that hard before! Organic chemistry is interesting but applied questions can be tricky. ESPECIALLY when you only have 1hour 10mins to answer a BUNCH of structure questions + an essay. The lecturers did it on purpose. I swear they did. Just to trip us up so that we'll kick ourselves into overdrive for the mid year exam in May.

Got my biology test paper too, got ANOTHER accursed B, 76% this time. Only one person in my class got A, 84% (Rabihah yg comel). Aaaaa...and guess what? I saw the biology marks of this other chinese guy who's gonna do dentistry in NZ (me too, hopefully) from another class. He got 90% for test 1 and 93% for the recent one. Like, DAMN. I feel worthless. I NEED those kind of marks. Dentistry's TER for Uni Otago is TER96 yo! Haish.


That aside, my IELTS test is in 2 weeks. On the 23rd and 24th April. Egh. Abaikan.


What else? I don't know. I'm not even going to bother writing bout maths, EVER. I'll just do what I can, and hopefully I'll land myself an A sometime soon. THEN, I'll write something bout maths.

Hurry up MAY, end soon Mr. April. I wanna bade goodbye to you. I only have one week of mid year exams in May (the 2nd week). 1st week, got one week holiday (Study Leave for Mid Year exams), after exams it's SEM BREAK oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. One month :) (Mid May til Mid June).

Then we'll be studying without breaks til August. September got mid sem break again + Trials. October, nothing I suppose. Just REVISE REVISE REVISE. Then finally, the real SACE exams (1st November til 10th November).

So you see? I'm trying to keep myself focused and motivated here. Wish me luck. I'll be needing lots of it.


P.S: Bought myself a new book last weekend, Tender Morsels by Margo Laganan. It's DISTURBING, yet...I don't know. It's quite poetic, the tragedy of it and all. Never read anything like it before. And to think it's a YA book...the themes are rather mature. A fantasy, a dark fantasy. And I mean that really, and NO not dark as in werewolves + vampires + suave cardboard musterious heros...rubbish. There's not even a dude in it :S besides the psycho dad n the weird midget.

2 comments:

Ramesh said...

hey that symbol of uncertainty looks like our jalan empat arca. right? haha.. ironically coincident! lol

boxOFjuice said...

HAHA! That longgokkan besi? Uh, I mean that piece of moder art :P Yeah, sorta.