Sunday, May 2, 2010

TOKIO HOTEL in Malaysia: A Review.


Bill Kaulitz of Tokio Hotel
Bill: "Make. Some. NOISE~~"

Date: 1st May 2010.
Venue: One Utama, Central Park Avenue.
Time: 6P.M (THIS IS A LIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. LIE LIE LIE.)


First, let's talk about the weather. It friggin' RAINED last night alright. Well, it wasn't a blizzard or anything, just a light shower. Still, it rained. The moment I got to OU with my cousins, we went hunting for a raincoat. OU is huge, buying a raincoat is like an expedition to an amazonian jungle, I kid you not. The second we started lining up to get to the stage, it rained thus the XXL raincoat became useful pretty much at once! ahaha. It fitted us both, so we stayed dry.


There were ALL KINDS of people attending the concert. Lining up, you get to see just how varied these concert goers are. There were blonde blue eyed foreigners, punk teenagers in eye liner, girls in Harujuku get-up, people in Harley Davidson tees, people in HOUSE MD tees (haha :P), tranvestites, indonesian contractors, whole families with their kids and all, an auntie, and legions of fangirls.


It took me a while to hunt for the surau for Asar prayer (it's on the second floor, fyi) and so me and my cousin Mun Mun (Munirah) entered a bit late. It was around 7 when we finally got in. We were lucky to be standing with two really nice people, an auntie who came all the way from Sabah (judging by her accent) and a Malay dude (who's a part time model), both of them are AVID fans of Tokio Hotel. The auntie had been there since morning, she went for the autograph session at 11A.M. And the dude, he's been to TH's concert in Singapore already. The auntie showed us pictures in her camera from the autograph session and the dude was real nice talking bout TH in general and cracking jokes bout the wildly dancing teens in front of us and sign language. Uh huh, we conversed about SIGN LANGUAGE. We were a funny bunch really, having a conversation like it's tea time or something amidst a concert crowd.

I felt a little bit awkward because, well, I attended the concert on a whim :S. My love for TH is minuscule compared to these two who knew every single line of TH's songs. I only knew the lyrics fro Moonson and World Behind My Wall. *shrug*


Now, let's get to the OPENING ACTS. There were 2 opening acts by Pop Shuvit and Bunkface.
I now declare my hatred for Pop Shuvit:

Pop Shuvit, I HATE you.

There. Whew! I'll tell you why. He sang 4 'songs'. They don't even sound much like 'songs' to me. 4 is too much anyway. I got tired waiting in the rain, in the crowd. I'm no good with crowds, I've no idea why I went anyway but it's good training for me. Gettin' into crowds and not having a nervous breakdown, I mean. I was pretty much mortified by everything that went on in the crowd during those accursed 4 songs. The only bit I liked during his set is when he suddenly walked into the crowd, some peeps in front caught him and carried him around on their shoulders. That was neat.


There's this couple beside us, plain disgusting. Then there's this dude (who's REALLY good lookin') in front of us who were shaking his head as if there's a giant African cockroach in his ears. I suppose he's dancing but it looked more like a seizure to me, I was rather worried. There's also a really tall steel pole beside us that shook violently and looked as if it'd topple over us any second. Behind us was this HUGE dude, tall and...huge. Like an effing mini great wall. He stood way too close for comfort. Ish. Oddly enough, it didn't stink, the crowd I mean. The rain's musky scent probably masked any other...odours haha.


There were also a bunch of people who wore this red horns on their heads, which glowed in the dark. So much for symbolism eh? I was pretty freaked out by those. And kept thinking of hell and all. The dry ice on the stage looked too much like smoke from hellfire to me. Get the picture? I pretty much had a moral conflict waging a war in my head. I was just culture shocked really, nothing horrid happened or anything. But still, it kinda stretches your horizon a bit. I was pretty twitchy all the time. Kept fanning myself with my trusty plastic UNITEN fan that I've had had since form 4 and popping tic tacs. Oh! the tic tacs. Hahaha. The peeps on my left gave me odd looks when I had them tic tacs. Probably thought they were ecstasy or something. I was worried I might miss Maghrib prayer so I kept checking my watch every nanosecond or something. That was the traumatizing bit of the concert.

At around 8, we went out for Maghrib prayers. Only after that did I calm down and enjoyed myself. We skipped Bunkface's set altogether since we went for Maghrib and only went back in just in time for Tokio Hotel, which was around 8:40P.M. It's pretty cool, when the lights dimmed and then when it lit up again, there Bill was in his skin tight leather pants and blingy glittery shirt and...hair. HE CUT HIS HAIR. I did NOT know this. So, my aims of attending TH concert to see Bill's sonic hair and hear em' sing Monsoon is a FAIL. *sigh*

Anyway, they sounded great. Tom (Bill's twin) looked and sounded awesome on the guitar. Gustaz and Georg, the other two dudes in TH was awesome too. Bill, of course was AWESOME. He sounds great live! :D I'm not sure exactly how many songs they sang, because we left at around 9:50 P.M. I got to hear 7-8 songs but I'm pretty sure they sang another 2 or so after we left. The one that I really enjoyed is World Behind My Wall. But Human Connect To Human was really neat too. And the others like Ready Set Go and Darkside Of The Sun sounded way cool live. The others I'm not sure of their titles, but in short, they're all good songs. Not my general cup of tea but I enjoyed them nonetheless. I prefer their slower songs better, like World Behind My Wall and Monsoon say.

Bill danced and sang, the band rocked, the crowd went wild. It was a good show. Fans of Tokio Hotel are most pleased I think. Though they were probably pretty pissed off (as I am) by the time delay and unbearably lengthy opening acts.

Here's some pics we took:

Hi, this is me.

Mun Mun

The Crowd

Under the XXL raincoat, lining up :)

The ticket.

_____________________________________________________

P.S: FUCK. This. I FOUND THESE ON YOUTUBE. THEY ACTUALLY DID SANG MONSOON. RIGHT AFTER WE LEFT. DAMN. DAMN. DAMN. DAMN. Ugh. Celaka. I mean, sorry. Ish. The two songs they sang after we left are Monsoon (German ver.) and Automatic! Two of my faves form them! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. *Marah*


DURCH DEN MONSOON


AUTOMATIC

*MARAH*

*MARAH*

*okay sudah*

*menyampah*

No comments: