Wednesday, May 26, 2010

I'm Jack's Raging Bile Duct


Holiday. Yeahhh.

Today, I went to Midvalley alone specifically to buy Palahniuk's Fight Club. Yeap.

Been watching the movie last night, but I stopped 3/4 through it. Didn't wanna spoil the ending, wanna read the book first. I don't normally like films with unnecessarily overwhelming amounts of blood and guts (Though I like it when there's ample of these when you slash monsters in vid games). Fight Club is different. To sum it up into a single word would be: Hyper-PSYCHO. Haha.

I must say though, I don't see how getting yourself smashed into a pulp would relieve stress and depression. But then, I suppose they're all masochist. Tyler and everybody else in Fight Club I mean. Then again, there's the gender factor. Perhaps guys really do enjoy getting smashing each other's faces. What do I know. *shrug*


Palahniuk's stuff are monstrous really. Finished reading Pygmy last Friday. It's dark, obscene and...downright hilarious. I would've never coined satire to be my cup of tea. Especially ones with midget terrorists in em'. Palahniuk sir, you might've just shredded chunks of the pacifist in me into pieces. A certain degree of violence, I proclaim, is agreeable. Not desirable, no, never. But agreeable.

Oh, I picked up Salinger's Nine Stories and Connolly's The Gates too this morning. MPH is better than borders but Kinokuniya is the best. In terms of book supply I mean. Can't get member discounts at Kino unfortunately. *sigh*

Speaking of Salinger. I've a fixation on how he writes. Like, I don't know...his writing seems effortless. It's not lyrical and all that whatnot. It's brief, concise yet it still bears the nuances that I prize. He describes things scantily but they suffice. An impressionist he is. As for the characters...I find them all a trifle bit annoying. Oh, but I do adore them, to some extent that is. Ach, I've only read the Catcher in the rye and Franny. Am halfway through Zooey. Again, what do I know? Nothing really.

Books aside, Movies. Watched Robin Hood. It's okay. I kinda like it. I definitely like it better than Iron Man 2 as far as I'm concerned. Watched some movies I found in my hard disk. Looted from house mates and class mates. Namely, Fired Up (some shit bout cheerleading) and Cowboys And Angels.



This guy, Michael Legge, he's in Cowboys And Angels and he's a dead ringer to Elijah Wood! Friggin' adorable. I particularly liked this bit of the movie:

Old guy: You can burn candles in both hands only for so long.
Shane (Michael): It's my wick. I'll go out in flames if I want to.

Heh. Comel.

And oh, I also wasted some watercolours and painted these. I just felt like painting something. So yeah.

"Noise"

"I'll go out in flames if I want to"

No comments: