Sunday, May 30, 2010

A Wrinkle In Time

Hey there. Hi. I feel like writing something.

First week of holiday's been swell so far. Not 'far out' but 'okay' for a holiday, which is perfectly 'swell' in non-holiday terms. Uh, yeah, you get what I mean.

Got myself a bunch more books to read and got my spectacles back yesterday. Believe me, it does NOT pay to be half blind. Seriously. Went to Kinokuniya yesterday...(or was it the day before that? Whatev) and had a singularly terrible time. I NEVER feel terrible in bookstores, they're like a temple to me, but I sure as heck felt bad yesterday (?). I mean, there's all these books and I could touch em' and all but I can't read em'. Not unless I'm like an inch away from their spines.

Egh. Anyway got myself Palahniuk's Survivor, The Dice Man and Tales of the MADMAN Underground. I've only a few shillings left in my wallet haha.

And since it's the holidays, I pretty much lost my bearings on time. I don't know what day or date it is. I've been living this week a day late actually, til a friend of mine pointed out that my Wednesday was actually a Thursday. I dunno, it's hard to keep track of days and dates when you're reading. I mean, in this particular book it'd be 1973 and then it's 1999 in another one and then it'd be 2006 or 1984 or something. Frankly, it's nice not having to care what day and date it is. Very relaxing.

In this past few days I've been living the life of the protagonist of whatever I might be reading at the moment. Last week I was a midget terrorist, then I was a couple of siblings with too much brains for my own good with a great deal of depression to deal with, then I was a white collar psycho with dissociative personality disorder and now I'm a head case teenager living in the 70s trying to be normal but not quite nailing it, yet.

Ha. Dang. It looks like I've been reading some pretty off the rails stuff eh? But it's not like that really. No. They're all really good books. I read a lot of Fantasy, Magic-Me and Classics-with-flowery-prose stuff last time. So, am taking a departure from that for a bit. Variety is good.

Oh yeah, went to a chocolate fair today. Well, it wasn't really a fair. Just Beryl's factory giving out free chocolate samples :) Free chocolates are good.





P.S: I'm done with Hugh Grant, since he's not making anymore films off late. So, say hello to Edward Norton. He's precious *smiles*

No comments: