Thursday, May 27, 2010

FIGHT CLUB

You look up at the stars and you're gone.


I don't care what everybody says. It's a romance. The most naive and honest to God romance ever written. No, really. It's romantic how he wants to wipe out history. It's romantic how he's rebelling against sheer hopelessness. It's romantic how he romanticize 'life' itself. AND. It's romantic how seemingly crude he is. I just love the whole 'middle children of history' thing. Haha.

There's a bah-zillion things I do NOT agree with in Fight Club. And a bah-zillion MORE things I wish to expound, to DISagree with Fight Club. Which is, just about everything IN it. But that's not the point. What I like about it, is the spirit. The courage in it. The oh so flawed idea of supposedly hitting the 'bottom'. Flawed yet tantalizing. Fight Club is saturated with the truth (to an extent that is) that most of us never have the guts to acknowledge.

But then again, you don't always love what's right or even good for you. Know what I mean? Haha. I'm no psycho. I'm just proclaiming my eternal love for the spirit of Fight Club. That is all.

Oh, forgive me.

I have like, a bah-zillion more things to say but I can't. My head's screwed.

And the AFTERWORD. Like woah.

I have never felt like this since Harry Potter. If you see me lugging around Fight Club, don't ask.

And oh, the BEST way to read FIGHT CLUB is to:

1) Watch 3/4 of the movie. Stop.

2) Read the book.

3) Watch the movie again.

It gives you a clearer picture of what's goin' on and all.





P.S: No matter how many times I've seen gore in movies. I can NEVER stomach them. I cringe, I yelp, I just, shrivel. Can't stand violence. The flat packing sound when somebody's knuckles connect with...somebody. Oh, shoot me.

P.P.S: Video games are different. They're synthetic. Non-sentient. Get what I mean?

No comments: