Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sad Rose of all my days!

Oh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~~~ *ala The Kinks - 'You Really Got Me'*

Haha. I'm just pumped there's only one paper left to deal with. Chemistry on Friday then SEM BREAK! Well, okay, BTN first and THEN, the long awaited 3 week Sem Break.

Speaking of BTN, which will be held in Sepang, everyone's pretty upset that we're gonna have to get cozy with the French programme freshies. By 'everyone' I mean, my fellow JPA NZ-bound AUSMAT students. I don't really get the hoo-ha regarding this issue. I mean, how bad could it be? As far as I'm concerned, with the French kids in our lot, it only adds to the 'people-I-don't-really-know-anyway', which are my fellow batch mates. And, it could actually be a good thing. With more people in the lot, it'll be easier for me to blend into the crowd and read whatever the hell I might wanna read during the talks and such.

To my housies, I apologize for my lack of excitable outrage regarding this matter. ^_^' Sorry.

At any rate, I hear they give talks, brainwashing us into patriotism so that we won't bail out of our contracts and not serve the country. Oh, don't get me wrong, I may not be as patriotic as I ideally should be, I am not, by any means an anarchist or anything. I believe in change. Change will come when people who should die WILL die and be replaced by people who are (hopefully) more...upholding, to propel us into a brighter future. Besides, I'm fully aware that the allowance money that I'm living off at the moment are the People's money. The tax payers' money. Sometimes I'd ponder this and get pretty depressed because I feel that I ought to 'apply' myself instead of...read poetry and books and indulge in my fanatical interests.........in general, screwing myself over. Know what I mean? Ah, well.


Speaking of poetry. I'm in love with Yeats' - To The Rose Upon The Rood Of Time. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. What really got me is the first, and the last line:


Red Rose, proud Rose, sad Rose of all my days!


Lovely isn't it? Mind you, the Rose isn't merely a flower in the context of this poem. It addresses Ireland, personifies it. It's also connected to the Rose of Friday, the austerity of it. In essence, it symbolizes spiritual and eternal beauty.



Right, I should be studying now. Got elemental/environmental, analytical, organic and biological Chemistry to tackle.

No comments: