Saturday, June 13, 2009

HOPE

I feel like putting up one of my emo poems now. Take no heed of me. I am nought but an ignorant child. Yet to have a taste of what life truly is, my words are foolish. Simple, I am.



HOPE

Irresistible to the ignorant,

Essential to the desperate,

It can be your salvation,

It can be your destruction.



A beacon of light,

Shining in the darkness,

It can show you the way,

It can blind your pathway.



Addictive to dreamers,

The heroine of believers,

You can fly with it,

You can die with it.



Ensnaring your soul,

It can strangle you,

Hard and cold,

It can abandon you.



Only those with strength,

Can endure its deceit,

Fallen and broken,

Unfortunately, I am weak.

5 comments:

DayanaAsilah said...

rhetorical questions?
owh haha...never knew that.
btw..nice poem. somehow it's pretty depressing.=.=
but i still think it's great:D

annur razali said...

love this, real deeap though

Aiman Toreq said...

my lord...
this is..
LEGENDARY!!!

love the last part...
keep up the good work...

Dirah said...

ape ni!! you've managed to turn something positive into something so dark. you have earned yourself a new nickname, miss emo. LOL.

i will shoot a star your way. =P

boxOFjuice said...

Dayana - yeap. Rhetoric. And yeap, it's depressing cuz i was sort of down in the dumps when I wrote it :-/ no biggie tho :)

Aiman - Why thank you! :)

Kak Dirah - There're ALWAYS two sides to EVERYTHING. Haha.

*catches the shooting star*

Thanks :)