Wednesday, July 14, 2010

in another lifetime

Emotional gratification. I wonder what others do to get some of this. Is it even possible to achieve it all by yourself, like, alone ? I've come to realize that I think the answer is no.

Things that are amusing never lasts long. They'll end up being dull one way or another. Well, they wouldn't stay dull. But you'll tire of it at some point, for a while at least.

Sometimes, a slight nod as an indication of thanks can be rewarding in ways unimaginable. Maybe that's just me.

Helping people feels good. At least it looks like it to me.

But things aren't that simple. Or maybe it IS. What do I know?

All I'm saying is, if you're going to end up doing something for a living, whatever it may be...let it be useful. Let it be something that will benefit others.

I'd like something more direct though.

Maybe I will. Get to it, I mean.

I don't know.

It's just one of those days when the morning breeze feels like magic (always does to me), the falling leaves makes you smile and the clouds in the sky with the Sun shining through them looks like Heaven. A rush of happiness. Then, you'd feel like the last person alive on Earth. Tranquility. You'd be lucky if it stays. Most of the time, as swift as the said breeze it all goes away and you'd realize you're.

Let's not spell it out shall we.

No comments: