Thursday, July 29, 2010

Face the music

It's tomorrow. I'll either make it or I don't. The only good thing about all this is that tomorrow's a Friday.

To be frank, I feel defeated. Because I found out that the panel will have my semester transcripts with them on the table tomorrow. My mediocre marks on display. I shall be judged and I shan't have an answer for them. There is after all, no excuse for my lack of effort.

It's probably better this way, I'd probably break down if I only find out that they've my transcripts with them on the day itself, which is tomorrow. Egh. What was I expecting anyway? That I'd be able to razzle-dazzle my way through it? The reality of it, took a whole sleepless night to sink in.

But I'm prepared now.

One thing's for sure though, I'll step in with fire in my heart and I'll go out in flames if I have to. If I happen to crash and burn, then so be it.


Inferno

As if laying my neck for the guillotine,
I'll come with my chest cut open,
So you may see my burning heart,
And the passion I house within.

Let tomorrow be the day,
That I'll find solace from the Heavens,
So I may voice my ambitions,
My sky-high aspirations.

It is time like these that I'll shiver,
And tremble in appalling fear,
For an outcome that can undone,
All that I've become.

For tomorrow to come to a past,
There'll be wars of blood red clouds,
Raging the plains of my sleepless thoughts,
I'll seek you out, with my burning heart.

6 comments:

Maya Arielle said...

you'll do very well, don't worry ^^
they don't really take notice of them marks during the interview, they just wanna know you better. of which I failed to do well, but meh, perkara dah lepas.
say hello to Dr. Brunton esok :D all the best!

boxOFjuice said...

really? > . < I dunno. I've a feeling that things might be a tad bit different since it's a competition thing tomorrow.

Thanks anyway. Oh yeah, for the roach too hahah =.=' effing creepers. Hate them. Had to disinfect my tikar. It left some brown roach juice on the spot you flattened him. Reminded me of kafka's metamorphosis. Sgt ewww.

Maya Arielle said...

really? EEUWWWW! I was trying to avoid that exact situation, tu yang tadi pukul2 lemah gemalai aje. in the end terkeluar jugak isi perut dia eh? man I hate them with a passion too =_=

by the way, I realized that I've never told you how much I love your poems (me and my horrid verbal communications lalalala). Awesomest!

boxOFjuice said...

hehe, geng gerun lipas. yeah. Actlly, bukan isi perut...maybe gastric juice or...roach blood or smthg yegh.

And hahahahahahhahahahhahahahhaa my frickin pathetic 'poems'. Thanks, nice to know that :)

L said...

Leana, just do ur best.
and no matter what the results might be, the most important part is, you've done it to the best that you can (:

All the bestt! ^^
doa bykbyk :)

boxOFjuice said...

Hai, birthday girl :D
N thnx. Sy akan berusaha. =.=' malu la pulak. Mcm sympathy post je pula post ni. Ishk.