Saturday, July 24, 2010

Beyond me

WARNING: It is NOT my intention to diss anybody. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I hope mine does not offend anybody. I've sinned enough.

________________________________________________

And it strikes me how out of touch I am with these...'normal' social settings. I can't grasp them. I find them absolutely unfathomable! albeit in a quite fascinating way, well, occasionally.

It is made clear to me (more so than usual) today that all these obsessions with 'apparels & clothing', 'love', 'relationships', knowing 'who's who', 'who's dating who', 'what happened where a second ago' et cetera what nots, the very things I find mundane and irrelevant are the very things that constitutes of what the average teenager call 'life'.

It seems I've been living in a completely different UNIVERSE. I thought that I'm the Bermuda triangle of their world, you know, invisible but there. But nay!

Not that I'm a total or the only social retard on planet Earth (which, I sometimes ponder deep, down, in the edifices of my solitary mind), I'm just saying I'm not among the masses, the majority.

It make me wonder, what IS it actually that caused this grossly behemoth-like gap? and what exactly it was that ensured my existence remains to be so? Like, was I all that different than the rest when I was 8, 12 or 15?

My family? frends? interests? stuff I watched on tv? read? do, did or did not do?


Either way, by no means am I trying to be condescending. Merely objective while staying true to myself. Normal is good, normal is what is accepted by people. So, yeah.


All this, stemming from another serendipitous ninja-esque discovery of a particular someone's not-so-well-hidden online confessions. And I thought I'm watching you changing, growing. Did not realize you were turning into the archetypal teenager that I know so little about.


I have a feeling its an innate characteristic. An expression of my genotype.


We Are All Lonely Souls

The difference between you and me,
Is that you hunt for charity,
Holding each other up,
While caging yourselves down.

What causes our dissimilarity,
I believe is our degree of inhibition,
You go with what you see,
I go with pure intuition.

But of course even those things differ,
My intuition and yours,
Shaped by our latent urgencies,
Disparaged in our eccentricities.

I wish to compose you an ode,
That would express my tender feelings,
An embodiment of my wish,
To reach for your laureled finishings.

Because between our universe,
Lays the pretty centerpiece,
That decorates these verses;
We are all lonely souls.



P.S: I lost my journal pen again. Yes, I'm trying to de-stress. Am working on my Otago essays. Darn it.

4 comments:

MrWickedSoul said...

i am jealous of your writing capability.seriously!

boxOFjuice said...

Dude, please don't. I aim for poetry, but all I can cough up are RHYMES.

Check this girl out though:
http://x-between-lines-x.blogspot.com/search/label/Poetry

I think she's pretty phenomenal. Love her stuff!

MrWickedSoul said...

Yours are good too. But i just love the way you and mai rambling about stuff. i cant. i just cant. i cant never write lengthy full of text with such verbal as yours.haih.

that girl is good too. haih! so many talented people out there.

anyway,in term of poetry, i love the emotion which its display. but if you are talking about how beauty such randomness of words in forming a poetry, do visit her, http://inklessbutalrightstill.blogspot.com/

her words are goosebumps!

boxOFjuice said...

Aw, thanks. I appreciate ur kind words :)

And yeah, lotsa talented ppl out thr and almost each and every one of us feels inferior to the other. That's what I think anyway.

Thanks for the link! The way she writes, she wastes nothing in trying to articulate her message to the reader (quite the opposite of me. I try my best to be not too crptic hahah). Just words, words, words. I like em'.