Monday, November 23, 2009

Bakat Baru Gempak Starz 2009

ADILA got first place for Under 18 (B - The Orange heading)!
Click the pic to make it bigger~ :D Wheeeeeee~


Yeap, Adila, one of my bestie, won first place in the manga drawing competition organized by Gempak Starz called the 'BAKAT BARU GEMPAK STARZ 2009'. It's her first time EVER entering this Bakat Baru thing and she won 1st prize. Yes, she is THAT wonderfully talented.

Bakat Baru 2009 is Adila's 2nd manga drawing competition she's entered, her first was the Kinokuniya's in which she also won first prize. I am oh so freaking proud of her. There was not a shred of doubt in me that she's going to win first place. :) Wanna know what she won? Here:

1. RM1800
2. A scholarship
3. Bonia watch
4. Indiana Jones Figurine
5. A plushie
6. A glass TROPHY

Since Adila is already on a MARA scholarship to do engineering, of course she can't (and 'won't' anyway) accept the scholarship to do some diploma in arts or whatever to some unknown college. She's artsy AND brainy, wicked huh? Undoubtedly, if Dila ever wishes to pursue a career in manga drawing, she'd be pretty darn famous in Malaysia.

I'm going to sound like a rabid fangirl writing a resume or something if I expound more on her brainyness =_=' So uh, let's just say she always gets No.1 since kindergraten haha.

As for the money! Ho ho ho. Adila, kau wajib belanje aku dan Mai. (Mai, die cakap OK! da heh)

That aside, yeah yeah. The Indiana Jones figurine and plushie is kinda random but whatever haha. She said the trophy is small but real heavy! (Man, I so wanna see it but she's in college now T . T, Mai mari kacau dila ble die cuti nanti).

Oh, how I wish I can post up a page of the 6 page one shot she drew for the Bakat Baru!! But she did the thing in like I dunno, less than a week? So, she didn't even got to scan it! So, if you wanna read it, you'll have to wait for Bakat Baru 2009 to be published. *sigh* But here, if you wanna see a glimpse of what she's capable of...




OH! hm, about the other participants. They're all very very talented too. Dila was all "Aku takkan menang punye!" because their artwork is very detailed and stuff. Typical fantasy/adventure manga, with all the flashy backgrounds and stuff.

But really, all those kinda stuff is DULL & STEREOTYPICAL compared to Dila's style. Her's is a breath of fresh air and the funny plot makes hers stand out from the other participant's. Not that Dila's oneshot isn't detailed and all that! ANyway, Dila's oneshot is about an 18th century ( I think) vampire's misadventures when he came to visit Malaysia :D No, the vampire is NOT Edward Cullen-esque. I assure you. ^_^'

I think I've rambled enough, so, what I was trying to say anyway is:

CONGRATS DILA!

P.S: Pesanan dari Mai :) ...um, Mai you spelled 'Noorfatin' wrong haha.




14 comments:

Aiman Toreq said...

haha...
girl...
gotta meet this adila friend of yours...
at least let me meet her online!!!

haha
oh..
and congrats dowh...
serious jealous...

i am mai said...

jeez... you DIDNT have to point that out... i know already aku salah eja... AHH

anyway, ah bukan ke dila memang nak jadi manga-ka?

boxOFjuice said...

Aiman - ahahaha. I already asked her to make a facebook acc at least n she went, "just cuz ppl have fb accs, don't mean I need one." heck she doesn't even do IM. =_=

Mai - nah. She always say she don't wanna be one of those gedik artsy ppl some mangaka are. Tht's why she's nvr entered any compt's until I made her do the kino thing n this. Imma persuading her to enter this awesome international compt next. 8D

Aiman Toreq said...

don't tell me...
another one of them Houseolgy-induced-human-turned-anti social-pragmatist?
like you, me, and mai?
AWESOME!!!!
that fueled my curiosity like TENFOLD!!!
tolng wey...
nak have a conversation with her...
haha

boxOFjuice said...

Yeah, we're freaks. She's super smart, like Mai. And eh, no. She's not into House. She watched it before but stopped watching. I dunno, she did watch til season 5, sorta.

Nah, she doesn't have time for fb or blog or IM. :-/ Not that I haven't tried forcing her. Besides, you know her what, during grad day (when you n brian did that snazzy MJ thing, so cool! :D) she got Tokoh Akademik, she wore a red baju kurung. She went onto the stage, Tamil did too.

boxOFjuice said...

Oh wait, Aiman, you can talk to her thru Dev art if you wanna. I forgot bout tht. Click the link below the artwork :)

i am mai said...

aiman, don't waste your time... the most she would do, is OH THANKS, then walk away.... she's unlikely to uh, make friends with strangers...

or ye ke?

boxOFjuice said...

It's 50-50 mai. She might layan him cuz well, it's bout her art. So, yeah maybe. :-/

illeyh said...

pot,adila kt mne skg?

boxOFjuice said...

Die kat KMB, Kolej Mara Banting. Ngan Dayana n Suraya skali :)

aishah said...

yah!
thts my girl [ceh baru nak ngaku kwn]
neway. congrats dila!
nak join kena blanja..haha

Irfan F-one-R said...

salam..

aku tak berapa kenal adila. pernah jumpa sekali di event hari tu..

tolong kirimkan salam dan tahniah untuk dia ya?

-kata-kata seorang finalis yang tak sebaik nasib seperti adila-

boxOFjuice said...

Haha sure irfan. :D

And asya cehhh haha xp

Nur Hani said...

Assalamualaikum,

hey :) my name is hani. my full name is hani hazirah. and Adilla is a long lost friend of mine. we were friends during our school time, SK Jalan 3. Seperated because she's wayy to clever than me which has made her to enter SMK Jalan 4, a scholl for a smartie :) and me, i moved to somewhere, and i lost contact with her since she didnt owned a hp back then. but i still clearly remember her fixed line num 856117 :) n I miss her so much and been looking for her. i couldn't find her on FB either. would you kindly help me to contact her ? thanks a lot :) hopefully she can recognize me :)