Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Liberty

I have officially finished the South Australian Matriculation (S.A.M). The results of my South Australian Certificate of Education (S.A.C.E) shall be known on the 16th December 2010.

What more is there to say? :)

To celebrate, here's something I wrote sometime during SPM. Form 4 and 5 seemed to last decades instead of two years. I remember scribbling this in one of my notebooks while studying. Those days, I care not to return to them. SPM was, IS, a nightmare. Sheesh.



Liberty

Can you smell it?

The scent wafting towards us,

Sweet and delicious,

Perfume of 'freedom'.



Can you feel it?

Tugging at our toes,

Teasingly soft caresses,

Of awaited 'Liberation'.



Can you hear it?

Whispering our names,

Beseechingly silent,

The winds of 'Release'.



Can you see it?

Just over the horizon,

Fleeting glimpses,

Of dawning 'Liberty'.



Run we must not,

Savour the flavour,

These cold shackels,

Soon,

No longer part of us.


P.S: Tomorrow, Big Bad Wolf Book Sale! *howlsssssssss* Now, BE JEALOUS heh.

2 comments:

DayanaAsilah said...

you know what leana..it's never boring to read your poems:)

boxOFjuice said...

Thanks :) That means A LOT to me. Really. It does. Btw, Good luck for your finals!