Sunday, November 21, 2010

All my lies

Let me swim in the channels of passion
So that my actions may be driven by love.
Stoked by the fumes of desire, I will step
Out of these smog of loss and confusion
This mist of anger and dissatisfaction
That clouds my eyes and blinds my heart
So that heavy sighs lace all my lies
All my smiles.

Can I not be what I yearn yet still be
What embodies the wishes of ones I care for
Bear the responsibilities they ask of
And fulfill the expectations they have bore.
Show me that the world is gentle and kind
Tender feelings of tolerance and resilience
Bare to me their generosity
If it be a must, let it be even pity.

I cling to such grand notions of liberty
That I know many have fallen prey to.
Mere indulgences of foolish romantics
Where thrive only things of beauty
And odes to our depraved humanity.
With my dreams in the palms of my hands
I offer myself brittle promises
In the face of denial, all my lies made fatal.

No comments: