Saturday, November 13, 2010

Big Bad Wolf

My preciousssss

Total: RM162
Number of books: 22

Quite a bargain indeed. Housies Alice & Linda (she spent RM230!) tagged along in my trusty taxi cab Atos. Good thing mom was kind enough to show me the way the first time I went with Alice. Yeap, we went twice. Alice slept over at my house and all.

Alice and I got to go on the Media preview day because we won the Big Bad Wolf BFF photo contest heheh, which is a good thing. Otherwise, on the first day itself...gosh. The crowd is just plain brutal. Bibliophiles ravished the book piles with hungered gleams in their eyes, I kid you not. It was so crowded I felt pretty darn nauseated.

Also, got to meet an old friend from high school. Grapes, I mean, Grace. Heh. She's working as one of the 80 staff on hand. If you go over to the sci-fi section, she's the girl with the orangey bob haircut :)

Lovely days ahead of me. Just me, my books, my cats & Adi in my room. Still, I'm kinda hung up that I didn't get these titles. I want these SO bad. Like, real bad.


(Especially this The Periodic Table by Primo Levi. Somebody, do get it for me from Kino)


(BBW had practically every other book Roth ever wrote EXCEPT this one. Oh, the INJUSTICE of it all!)


3 comments:

i am mai said...

my god, grace. i knew aku nampak someone like her tapi aku malas tegur. shit dia pun cam hesitate nak tegur aku.

adoi.

i am mai said...

nanti aku beli one of em books. consider it hadiah bday kau.

boxOFjuice said...

YEY. Aku nak The Periodic Table. Kat kino ade~~ the other two, kino takde D:

And YEAH! Grace! Die cam dtg kat aku pastu like, 'Kenal sy lagi tak?' n aku cam tampal balik rambut lama die kat dlm minda baru kenal. Aku ade mention yg kau akan dtg ptg the 12th. Aku cakap tegur lah kau, n die cam 'Mai tu kan pelupa. Die ingat sy lagi ke?' hahaha xD So, die probly malu nak tegur kau.