Monday, October 25, 2010

Gates of Hell

I confess, I caved in and started reading one of my not-so-recent purchases. Ones I've carefully stashed at the very backs of my bookshelf. But really, after 4 consecutive days of working on my Mathematical Studies cheat sheet, I need a break.

And so, I read a little of this deligthful book:

The Gates (John Connolly)

It is quantum theory, demons, and philosophy rolled into one. Not to mention humor that makes you smile and laugh out loud. I've no time to be writing a synopsis, so read here if you will. But to sum it up, it's about an 11-year old boy trying to save the world and humanity. Why? Because his neighbour who lives in No. 666 opened a portal to Hell with the aide of a 'Singularity' that escaped from a Large Hadron Collider, LHC.

Anyway, my birthday was last Saturday. It was alright :) Got a Black Forest cake (baked by my cousin herself), some gifts, cards and the usual phone call from Canada. I'm 19 and it's not a big deal at all, which suits me perfectly fine really. As a matter of fact I actually forgot that it was my birthday if it weren't for some other acquaintances' birthdays in the same week.

Although, it is so mainly because SACE (south Australian Certificate of Education) is in less than a week. 6 days, to be exact. 1st of November til the 10th. Five 3 hour papers to be tackled down by mediocre me in the lovingly cold arms of INTEC's Great Hell, I mean Hall.

Laugh if you may, but have you ever wondered why people say "Cold as Hell"?
Because, in Inferno by Dante, Hell is described in 9 levels. The innermost level (9th) being the coldest, a frozen lake of blood and guilt as it is the farthest from God's warmth. So, I suppose Hell is cold. Figuratively that is.

Yes. I am full of useless trivia.

I shall now go and stuff myself with Chemistry. Some 'useful' knowledge.

___________________________________________________

NOTE: I've successfully summarized a 448 paged Math textbook into the 4 pages of 2 pieces of A4 papers. I shall laminate them and guard them with my life.

A testimony of my efforts in perusing Mathematics, here are the 2 surfaces of 1 of the 2 A4s. I ain't posting the other 2 (as if this matters huh. Meh) You can click and make em' big:

7 comments:

Vryzzer said...

Quantum theory is awesome. Nuff said. XD
And happy birthday to you!

aimanblack said...

damn! dats one hell of a cheat sheet!!
Leana,nak tukar!!!

boxOFjuice said...

Vryzzer - Thanks :)

Aiman - Alaaa, kau pandai maths. Cheat sheet dlm kepala. Kepala aku kosong, makanya semua harus ditulis. Demis keselamatan.

Anonymous said...

Wow! that's a masterpiece.. :D

paah said...

wau.colourful gila.
paah punya hudus ja.haha

boxOFjuice said...

Anon - Terima kasih.

Paah - Haha. Sy peminat setia hi-liters. Syarikat2 yg buat hi-liter mcm Faster & Stabilo kaya sbb org2 mcm sy :p

aimanblack said...

aaaaaa...nak tukar! tukar jom!