Saturday, June 19, 2010

Your Heart, My Part


More than anything I like just talking,

And catch glimpses of your eyes,

As if dissecting a puzzle,

Or one smart arse riddle.


There shouldn't be any shame in it,

In befriending unworthy me,

Open your chest and sing like larks,

I know your tune better than he.


Never mind this pretentious facade,

It's just a play, It's just a stage,

Prattle all you want dearest,

I know you at your coldest.


Maybe there's no magic at all,

In this mystifying dance of wits,

For all I know I'm blinded,

Enchanted, even bewildered.


There's no mistaking though,

Your brilliance and eloquence,

A brand so reserved and rare,

Unguarded, but never bare.


May our nights last longer,

And our days go on forever,

Bury me not in your heart,

In your mind, keep my Part.

No comments: