Thursday, June 24, 2010

Donnie Darko

"They Made Me Do It."


The most TRIPPY film I've EVER seen in my life. Period. One of those films that leaves your mind whirling that you could almost swear that you can hear your wits whirring in your head like an engine.

I got round to watching it because I found out that Donnie Darko is a fatalist. I didn't know there's a word for it, acceptance of fate. But then maybe I'm more for Determinism. I don't think I'm quite so passive. I sure as heck overreact a lot though. Ah well, fatalists are fatalists. *shrug* Didn't expect that particular hissy fit episode of mine to be quite so serendipitous.

I don't even know what genre this film is and am not going to try to categorize it either. Hah. Though I suppose it is fantastically surreal. Yeah, yeah, I'm tired of my own peacock terms too but I don't know how else to express how SUPER Donnie Darko is.

Film's about Everything. Like literally. But that's just me. And that's what the film's about, I think. No one answer to any question, ever. Everyone's entitled to their own interpretation of the film, which for once, is fine by me! I usually hate inconclusive nonsense. Heck, Donnie Darko is probably the epitome of inconclusive nonsense.

While you're watching it, you might wanna read this too, The Destructors by Graham Greene. It's in the film.

And THIS. After watching the movie, this is a MUST:


Even if you haven't, you can just try it out for kicks. It's pretty cool.



And yeah yeah, Adam Lambert sang this song on Idol. It's the ending song for the film, Donnie Darko.





P.S: Jake Gyllenhaal, I've got my eyes on you *smiles Donnie Darko's smile*

7 comments:

i am mai said...

oh kau. must you be so excited about stuff you read and watch and see?

haish.

abaikan aku.

boxOFjuice said...

I believe in the concept of sharing things. I like getting the word out once in a while. I don't talk much, so I pretty much need this.

Kau, kau tak suka 'hype'. Aku tahu.

AND, I, unlike you, actually like the occasional trippy feeling ppl call 'excitement'.

You, you jump straight from constant complacency (or is it reticence?) to neurotic.

Meh. Abaikan aku juga.

i am mai said...

i don't like flashing stuff.

excitement is best when concealed. a private kind of happiness.

DayanaAsilah said...

ehh..what is this? a new movie ke:D

boxOFjuice said...

Movie lama, 2001 :D Tgklah kalau ada masa~

Anonymous said...

It really makes me giggle unceasingly the fact you tag this post as - "Super stuff for Super people".

Ahahaha.

boxOFjuice said...

Hehe yesh :3 i like that tag. It's super.