Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sinking Ship

Goodbyes In A Nightmare


Don't be deceived by my soft eyes,
Don't be allured by my gentle laugh,
Don't be taken by my earnest smile,
For I am a sinking ship.

My bows are rotten inside,
My oars are broken boughs,
My sails are wind torn rags,
For I am a sinking ship.

You may not hear my silent song,
You may not perceive my sightless views,
You may not feel my bones creak,
For you are not the one I seek.

I sought chaos in peace,
I sought agony in bliss,
I sought malice in goodwill,
For my soul is a sunken ship.

Deeper than any depths,
It would take an immortal's lifetime,
Darker than any darkness,
It would require an eternal sunshine.

To sink as low as me,
To be as lonely as me,
For I am a sunken ship,
Sinking into eternity.



______________________________________________

Note:

As always, my muse sings even in my nightmares. This, has nothing to do with me, just a bad dream that clawed at me and has me in a foul mood, at the moment. It'll pass soon. Am just killing time.


No comments: