Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Blind & The Heartless


Let's take a ride said her,
And I knew rain would fall,
Ok I told her and smiled,
We knew this was better.

Let's talk she whispered,
And I knew promises would break,
Sure I replied and sighed,
We knew this was over.

Between the lines,
The unspoken words lay,
Beneath our chests,
It wasn't love that lay.

She was my eyes,
I was her heart,
Blinded and thoughtless,
It tore us apart.

Goodbye Love she said,
Goodbye Sight I cried,
Heartless she is,
Sightless I was, I am.

Never again would I see her,
Never again would she love anybody,
The closer we were,
The further our hearts wonder.

Thus the heavens cry her tears,
And the sun witnessed my love,
We were one no more,
Alone forever more.


_________________________________________________

Song of the month:

No comments: